Call for Applications – Black Sea Summer University 2019
Tbilisi, 8-14 July, 2019
Working language: English
Apply for a chance to attend Black Sea Summer University – Georgia in the Wider Black Sea Region – organized by Centre International de Formation Européenne (Nice University) and the Georgian Institute of Politics (GIP).
Black Sea Summer University offers a high-profile study course for students of graduate programs in political science, international relations and other relevant fields. The course is designed for both Georgian and international students.
The program includes the lectures and interactive seminars on Georgia’s Euro-Atlantic perspective and how this perspective is seen from the side of the EU member states. Black Sea Summer University provides an opportunity for students to attend lectures conducted by renowned experts on Eastern Europe and the Black Sea region from a number of universities. Students will have the chance to learn more about the challenges that the shifting international context poses for the region. The program also includes teambuilding activities and excursion outside Tbilisi.
At the end of the program participants will have the opportunity to obtain ECTS credits -4,5.
- NATO and the new geostrategic situation in the Black Sea Region – Part I;
- South Caucasus: Ethno-, Geo- and Biopolitical Facets of Security in the Region
- EU-Georgia Relations: Perspectives and Challenges
- Frozen Conflicts in the Black Sea Region
- Thirty Years After the Fall of the Berlin Wall: What Went Wrong with Security in Europe?
- EU’s Black Sea policies
- Reinvigorating Cross-Border and Cross-Regional Cooperation in the Black Sea Region: Challenges and Prospects
- Turkish relations with Georgia and the enlarged Black sea area : political economy perspective
- Energy Security
- Europe in Caucasus, Caucasus in Europe: Perspectives on the Construction of the Region
Students currently enrolled in Bachelor’s or Master’s degree programs in Political Science, International Relations and other relevant fields. The priority will be given to Georgian students, although the foreigner students who are currently on exchange in Georgia are encouraged to apply too.
For Georgian Students: please submit the following documents in English: (1) Motivation Letter; and (2) CV electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 10, 2019.
For additional information about the program, please contact: Salome Kandelaki: email@example.com, +995 599 990 212