Call for Applications – Black Sea Winter University 2021
Application is now open for the Black Sea Winter University – Conflicts and Geopolitics in the Black Sea Region – organized by Centre International de Formation Européenne (Nice University) and the Georgian Institute of Politics (GIP).
Tbilisi, Dates: 17-19 February, 2021
Working language: English
Working format: Online (ZOOM)
Black Sea Winter University offers a high-profile study course for students of graduate programs in political science, international relations and other relevant fields. The course is designed for both Georgian and international students.
The program includes the lectures and interactive seminars on the new geopolitical reality of the South Caucasus region, the Euro-Atlantic perspectives of Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan and how these perspectives are seen from the side of the EU member states. Students will have a chance to learn more about the challenges that the shifting international context poses for the region. Black Sea Summer University provides an opportunity for students to attend lectures conducted by renowned experts on Eastern Europe and the Black Sea region from various universities.
At the end of the program, participants will have an opportunity to obtain 4.5 ECTS credits.
- EU technological sovereignty and EaP countries
- European Green Deal and EaP countries
- Black Sea Region as a domain for the politics of energy transportation
- Current trends in energy security policy and challenges in the Black sea region
- Russia’s soft power as a barrier to conflict resolution in South Caucasus region;
- NATO-Georgian Relations and Challenges for Sustainable Partnership
- New geopolitical realm after the Nagorno Karabakh conflict between Armenia and Azerbaijan
- Russia’s cyberattacks in post-communist states and tools for data protection
- Impact of disinformation spread among ethnic minorities in Georgia on the state security
Students currently enrolled in Bachelor’s or Master’s degree programs in Political Science, International Relations and other relevant fields. Priority will be given to Georgian students, although foreign students who are currently on exchange in Georgia are encouraged to apply too.
For Georgian Students: please submit the following documents in English: (1) one page long motivation letter and (2) CV electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 31, 2021
Do not forget to indicate Black Sea Winter University 2021 in the subject line of the email.
The participation in the program is free of charge!
For additional information about the program, please contact: Salome Kandelaki, GIP Project Coordinator to the same email address – email@example.com