The Georgian Institute of Politics (GIP) seeks to fill the position of a Communications Officer
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Implementing GIP’s communications strategy and communications plans for each project;
- Managing GIP’s online presence:
- Preparing content for GIP website, Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.
- Managing the website;
- Planning and implementing social media campaigns to raise GIP’s visibility.
- Design and publishing:
- Coordinating production and distribution of visibility products – promo videos, social ads, social media posters, banners, branded materials;
- Coordinating production of GIP publications – designing, publishing and printing.
- Managing media:
- Preparing press releases;
- Communicating with media, keeping media contact list up to date;
- Coordinating interview requests by media;
- Flagging inaccurate or biased reporting on events or publications.
- Organizing GIP events;
- Maintaining GIP contact list;
- Preparing draft invitation lists for events;
- Ensuring event’s visibility on social media, coordinating posts by GIP team
- Ensuring media coverage when needed, coordinating interviews;
- Following up the media coverage, collecting data for visibility reports.
Education, skills and competencies:
- University degree in Journalism, Mass Communications, PR and other related disciplines.
- At least 2 years experience in the field of social media management or PR.
- At least 1-year experience of managing WordPress based websites.
- Fluency in Georgian and English is a must;
- Ability to manage time effectively;
- High sense of responsibility;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office programs;
- Basic graphic design skills (Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator).
To apply for this position, please send your resume (CV) and a cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also include additional materials that highlight your experience in this field. Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of an email.
Deadline for applications is December 23, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.