Youth Democracy Forum – Why Not Ask Them: Untapped Potential of Youth Participation
📣 Registration is required to attend the event: register here 🔗
Georgian Institute of Politics is pleased to invite you to the Youth Democracy Forum – Why Not Ask Them: Untapped Potential of Youth Participation.
The event will be held on Friday, May 27 from 10:00 – 15:00 at Courtyard Marriott Hotel, Tbilisi.
Working Language: Georgian
Youth Democracy Forum – “Why Not Ask Them: Untapped Potential of Youth Participation in Georgia” aims at gathering GIP beneficiaries, stakeholders, decision-makers, civil activists, politicians, and representatives of governmental, and non-governmental institutions. The goal of the event is to create space for discussion around the challenges that young people face on a daily basis through Thematic Working Groups’ (WGs) presentations.
The topics of thematic working groups are the following:
– The Role of Youth in Foreign Policy;
– Youth Participation in Local Self-Government;
– Women’s Political Participation;
– Youth Unemployment.
Moderators: Gvantsa Itchkiti & Nino Jibuti, Project Officers, GIP
09:30 – 10:00 – Registration
10:00 – 10:15 – Welcome, GIP, USAID
10:15 – 10:45 – Video & Keynote speaker (TBD)
Breakout Session I – Presentations of Thematic Working Groups
10:45 – 11:30 –
– Women’s Political Participation (Presentation, Q&A)
– Role of Youth in Foreign Policy (Presentation, Q&A)
11:30 – 12:00 – Coffee break
Breakout Session II – Presentations of Thematic Working Groups
12:00 – 12:45-
– Youth Participation in Local Self-Governance (Presentation, Q&A)
– Youth Unemployment (Presentation, Q&A)
12:45 – 14:00 – Lunch
14:00 – 15:00 – Panel discussion – Why Not Ask Them: Untapped Potential of Youth Participation
– Nino Gogokhia, Georgia’s Youth Representative in UN
– Nina Gogoladze, Expert
– Davit Shervashidze, Project Officer, International Republic Institute
– Moderator: Sophio Makatsaria, Journalist, Euronews Georgia
Youth Democracy Forum is implemented by the Georgian Institute of Politics (GIP) within the project “Promoting Youth Transformational Leaders in Georgia”, supported by USAID/Georgia