Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Application is now open for the Black Sea Summer University – Security Challenges and Democracy in the Black Sea Region – organized by Centre International de Formation Européenne (Nice University), Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University, New Vision University, and the Georgian Institute of Politics (GIP).
Tbilisi, dates: 14-20 July 2022
Working language: English
Black Sea Summer University offers a high-profile study course for students of graduate programs in political science, international relations, and other relevant fields. The course is designed for both Georgian and international students.
The program includes lectures and interactive seminars on Security Challenges and Democracy in the Black Sea Region. Black Sea Summer University provides an opportunity for students to attend lectures conducted by renowned experts on Eastern Europe and the Black Sea region from a number of universities. Students will have the chance to learn more about the challenges that the shifting international context poses for the region. The program also includes teambuilding activities and excursions outside Tbilisi.
At the end of the program, participants will have the opportunity to obtain ECTS credits -4,5.
- Black sea security under strain: why the stakes are higher after the Nagorno-Karabakh ceasefire?
- European neighborhood: changing security environment and the EU’s effectiveness;
- EU’s new approach towards Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine; Way ahead after membership big;
- Differentiated integration in Turkey –EU relations: security, migration, energy policies, and customs unions;
- Democracy and governance;
- Geopolitics as a factor in democratization in the Black Sea region;
- Security challenges and democracy in the Black Sea region;
- Foundation of democracy in the light of legal systems and its relations to security.
Students are currently enrolled in Bachelor’s (in their third or fourth-year university studies), Master’s, and PhD’s degree programs in Political Science, International Relations, and other relevant fields. The priority will be given to Georgian students, although the foreigner students who are currently on exchange in Georgia are encouraged to apply too.
Please submit the following documents in English: (1) Motivation Letter; and (2) CV electronically to [email protected] no later than June 15, 2022.
Do not forget to indicate Black Sea Summer University 2022 in the subject line of the email.
Participation in the program is free of charge!
For additional information about the program, please, contact: Teona Zurabashvili, Summer Academy Coordinator at the same address: [email protected]