Job Title: Junior Policy Analyst
Organization: The Georgian Institute of Politics (GIP)
Reports to: Director and Research Coordinator
Start Date: February 2021
The Georgian Institute of Politics (GIP) is a Tbilisi-based non-profit, non-partisan, research and analysis organization founded in early 2011. GIP strives to strengthen the organizational backbone of democratic institutions and promote good governance and development through policy research and advocacy in Georgia. It also encourages public participation in civil society-building and developing democratic processes.
GIP seeks a junior policy analyst to contribute to our research on policy relevant issues, support the work of Policy Analysts and Senior Policy Analysts, and contribute to organization’s activities. Research topics will cover both Georgia’s domestic politics as well as foreign policy and international developments. The ideal applicant should be an excellent writer who is able to produce high-quality content on deadline and with some supervision, and is a quick learner and is motivated to work in a dynamic environment.
We are looking for applicants with graduate-level education and professional experience in political science, international relations, or other social sciences. The successful candidate will have a strong background on Georgia and the wider Black Sea region and/or Euro-Atlantic integration. The working languages are Georgian and English.
- Scope of work
The key roles and responsibilities of the position will include the following tasks:
- Conduct original research in the scope of GIP programs;
- Assist GIP Policy Analysts and Senior Policy Analysts in research projects, contributing to data collection, analysis and other tasks as required;
- Participate in strategic planning, project writing, and program development activities;
- Represent the organization at professional networking events;
- Contribute to GIP projects related to applicant’s field of research;
- Contribute to other GIP’s activities as required.
- Working Arrangement
This is a full-time position. It is also necessary for the policy analyst to keep up-to-date on the relevant literature and occasionally attend events outside of normal working hours. Occasional travel may be necessary. Flexible work arrangements may be considered. Supplementing this position with other relevant activities such as lecturing is acceptable. We expect at least two years’ commitment from the successful candidate.
- Requirements and application process
- A master’s degree in political science, international relations, or other social science. Doctoral study is preferred.
- Strong understanding of research methodologies and a proven interest in the field;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Good verbal communication skills;
- Strong work ethics;
- Excellent research, analytical, and organizational skills;
- Quick learner, with an ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment;
- Fluency in English; fluency in Georgian is highly preferred; fluency in Russian is an asset;
- A self-starter with a perfectionist’s eye for detail;
- Willingness to take ownership over research projects, ensuring the quality of the results.
Please send your CV and motivation letter (in English) to [email protected] by 20 December 2020.