Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
The Georgian Institute of Politics continues Emerging Leaders School (ELS) 2022.
In March, the training sessions at the Emerging Leaders School (ELS) were carried out within the live format. In total, 4 training sessions were held covering 4 different modules.
- Women’s Political Participation and Leadership – Irma Pavliashvili
- Leadership skills development – Irina Bregvadze
- Change oriented policy analysis and assessment – Nodar Tangiashvili
- Advocacy as a form of civic engagement, campaign planning, and implementation – Liza Sophromadze
Moreover, in March ELS participants organized discussions on the topics:
- “Ukraine-Russia War – Impacts on International and Georgian Politics”. During the event invited speakers Irakli Aladashvili, Batu Kutelia, and Kakhaber Kemoklidze discussed the ongoing war in Ukraine and the possible consequences of these events for Georgia.
- “Rights and Challenges of Persons with Disabilities in Georgia” – Speakers: Rati Ionatamishvili, Rusudan Kokhodze, and Esma Gumberidze. The purpose of the event was to discuss the challenges people with disabilities are facing in Georgia, as well as to talk about their rights.
ELS2022 brings together twenty-five active, change-oriented young people selected through intense competition. Within the format of the ELS, with the help of the invited experts, participants have the opportunity to learn about political and social issues they are interested in. Additionally, these young people participate in non-formal discussions with decision-makers and they share their points of view. What’s more, at the end of the ELS they participate in the Youth Democracy Forum.
The project “Promoting Youth Transformational Leaders in Georgia” is implemented by the Georgian Institute of Politics with the financial support of USAID GEORGIA. The initiative aims to raise young people’s awareness about political processes and democratization to encourage their involvement by developing leadership skills.