Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Application is now open for the Black Sea Summer University – The Shifting Geopolitics of the Black Sea Region – organized by Centre International de Formation Européenne (Nice University), Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University, New Vision University, and the Georgian Institute of Politics (GIP).
Location: Tbilisi, Georgia
Dates: 13-19 July 2023
Working language: English
Black Sea Summer University offers a high-profile study course for students of graduate programs in political science, international relations, and other relevant fields. The course is designed for both Georgian and international students.
The program includes lectures and interactive seminars on the Shifting Geopolitics of the Black Sea Region. Black Sea Summer University provides an opportunity for students to attend lectures conducted by renowned experts on Eastern Europe and the Black Sea region from a number of universities. Students will have the chance to learn more about the challenges that the shifting international context poses for the region. The program also includes teambuilding activities and excursions outside Tbilisi.
At the end of the program, participants will have the opportunity to obtain ECTS credits -4,5.
- 1,5 years after Russia’s Full-Scale Invasion of Ukraine – Implications for the Black Sea Regional Cooperation.
- Rethinking the EU’s Eastern Enlargement: The Case of Georgia.
- NATO and the Black Sea Region: Towards a new role?
- Georgia’s Security Challenges Amid Geopolitical Shifts in the Region.
- The EU’s Neighborhood Policy: a tool for soft power?
- Georgia’s Defense and Security Policy Amid the Russian Invasion of Ukraine.
- Euro-Atlantic perspectives in the region.
- Building democracy under the gunpoint.
- Europeanization of Georgian Foreign Policy: Prospects and Challenges.
- Georgia’s NATO and EU integration process.
Students are currently enrolled in Bachelor’s (in their third or fourth-year university studies), Master’s, and PhD’s degree programs in Political Science, International Relations, and other relevant fields. The priority will be given to Georgian students, although the foreigner students who are currently on exchange in Georgia are encouraged to apply too.
Please submit the following documents in English: (1) Motivation Letter; and (2) CV electronically to [email protected] no later than June 15, 2022.
Do not forget to indicate the Black Sea Summer University 2023 in the subject line of the email.
Participation in the program is free of charge!
For additional information about the program, please, contact: Nini Kvirikashvili, Summer Academy Coordinator at the same address: [email protected]
🔗 About the Black Sea Summer University 2022