Project Duration: 09.2019 || 12.2020
Donor: Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands to Georgia
Partners: International Society for Fair Elections and Democracy (ISFED)
Budget: 180,128 GEL
Project partner: International Society for Fair Elections and Democracy (ISFED)
Adopted at the EaP Summit in November 2017, 20 Deliverables for 2020 serves as the key framework and road map for the Eastern Partnership countries to strengthen cooperation with the EU. Nonetheless, some deliverables still need to be achieved by 2020, and the process should be strengthened by internal monitoring and advocacy by the Georgian civil society. For Georgia as an ambitious EaP state, successful implementation of the deliverables will deepen the reform process and supplement the implementation of the Association Agreement.
The proposed project envisions to measure the progress Georgia has achieved on obtaining these deliverables, combining Georgian civil society and think-tank expertise and delivering the first independent shadow report of progress on the 20 Deliverables for 2020 for Georgia. Five to 7 page overview on each deliverable will outline the progress, results achieved and challenges encountered in implementing 20 Deliverables for 2020. The report will also provide recommendations for maximizing benefits from this framework, and advocate for necessary reforms with stakeholders in Georgia and the EU.
The project aims to strengthen Georgia’s integration with the EU by:
- assessing the status of the implementation of the 20 EaP deliverables for 2020 in Georgia;
- raising awareness about how the framework interplays with previous bilateral agreements and its effects for country’s development;
- providing recommendations to the Government, Parliament of Georgia and European stakeholders on effective implementation of the 20 deliverables, as an integral part of Georgia’s Europeanization agenda.
- A Report on 20 EaP Deliverables for 2020 – implementation in Georgia, written by GIP, ISFED and representatives of other civil society organizations, holding expertise in the fields of the 20 Deliverables.
- At least three op-eds and media articles, based on the report, published in national and local media outlets for wider outreach.
- Presentations of the report on 20 EaP deliverables for 2020 in Tbilisi, Brussels and Berlin, since Germany is holding the EU presidency in the second half of 2020.
- 3 policy briefs, zooming in focus on the specific aspects of those deliverables where little or no progress has been achieved. They will be presented at three separate public events.
- At least three presentations in Georgia’s regions and discussions of the project findings with particular focus on the tangible ones that have impact on everyday life of the citizens in Georgia.